Here at InterMountain Medical Clinic our goal is to help you manage your health and to help prevent future illnesses or conditions. One of the services we provide is Preventive Medicine Visits.
Preventive Medicine Visits go by many names; Annual Wellness Visit, Well Adult Visit, Well Child Visit, also Yearly Physical Exam. We provide Preventive Medicine Visits to all patients. The purpose of a Preventive Medicine Visit is to identify potential health problems, like heart disease, cancer, stroke and other serious diseases, in the early stages when they may be easier and less costly to treat.
Most health insurance companies cover one Preventive Medicine Visit per year for adults and multiple visits per year for children depending on the age of the child. Often these visits are covered at 100% but this varies depending on your insurance company and your policy. InterMountain Medical Clinic does not track each patient’s policy; it is the responsibility of the patient or guardian to know their coverage.
What is included in your Preventive Medicine Visit
- An age and gender appropriate comprehensive history and physical examination
- Risk factor reduction interventions or counseling
- Review of medications
- Ordering of appropriate immunizations and/or laboratory/diagnostic procedures
- Management of chronic stable illnesses or conditions
Medicare and Medicare Advantage Coverage:
- Complete health history
- Screening to detect depression, risk of falling and other problems
- Limited physical examination to check blood pressure, weight, vision, level of activity and other things depending on age and gender
- Recommendations for other wellness services and healthy lifestyle changes